Week's activity from Strava

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Prelude to Disaster

To try to give myself yet more options for running the marathon, I bought some new shoes on the Nike stand at the Windosr Half - a pair of Air Structure Triax motion control shoes.

The week beginning September 26th saw me on a pretty heavy work schedule and I knew from the outset that my number of runs would be limited to 3 unless I ran on the days when I was working at a show. In addition to this I have noticed that I always have heavy legs the day after I've been standing behind my coffee bar for 2 days.

.....and when was I going to fit in this darned 20 miler?
.....and would my achilles hold up?

Time to the marathon on October 22nd and an inevitable 10 day minimum
taper were both starting to run out.

In the event I managed to squeeze in just over 30 miles on the days available to me - Monday, Thursday and Friday. This included a tiring, but at the time apparently very satisfactory 16.5 mile road run. The main encouragement came from the lack of Achilles pain I felt in my new shoes.

If I could just get in the 20 miler next week, I could then start my taper with two weekends still to go before the Lausanne race.........

No comments: