Week's activity from Strava

Friday, September 27, 2019

Twenty two months of running (not blogging!)

December 2017 was the last post, thankfully not The Last Post.

I'm still going.

I'm not even going to attempt to cover 22 months of running fun in a blog post, but I'm still having some pretty amazing adventures challnging myself at the running lark as my 64th birthday approaches.
My running coach, @natsmountain is still keeping me fairly sensible week by week, and in particular this year has helped me to negotiate two epic trail races in the Swiss Alps.

My Devon running mates all know that I'm not really getting any faster, and my ability to negotiate technical terrain, particularly downhills is almost embarassing at times. However I've realised walking is no shame, and Cocoa doesn't seem to mind the slower pace.

As i post this I'm 48 hours away from a "return to the roads" in the Barnstaple Half Marathon on this coming Sunday. Crazy as it may sound I'm thinking of trying to qualify for the 2021 Boston Marathon next year as a MV65 runner, and Sunday will hopefully show me if there is any realistic hope!

Dec 2017. First snows on Cosdon Beacon. Cocoa in a rush

January 2018. The South West Coast Path, near Porthallow (the mid point)

February 2018. On a recce of Sidmouth 4 Trigs Fell Race. At High Peak above Sidmouth.

March 2018. Return of snow on Cosdon, and we weren't the first ones there.

April 2018. Start of the LDWA Wye Forest 50 mile run / hike

May 2018. Adding to my SWCP "collection"

June 2018. Trev and I celebrate reaching Hartland Quay on our 2 weeks of SWCP hiking

July 2018. Team shot at the finish of our epic 'Pick the Path' litter pick of the SWCP

August 2018. Trying to look speedy descending Pew Tor out of the mist on the Tavy Trio of Tors Fell race.

September 2018. Up in the Langdale Pikes, after the FRA Navigation course.

October 2018. Pit stop on the Albishorn high above Lake Zurich.

November 2018. Running down the gap road after Pen-y-Fan and Cribyn on the Beacons Trail Marathon

December 2018. Windswept Cocoa on Belstone Tors.

January 2019. On an Arc of Attrition support recce at Zennor Head

February 2019. On Arc support duties for Karen and Iain at Lizard RNLI station 

March 2019. Supporting the budding triathlete, Lisa, at a swim run event in Sidmouth.

April 2019. A sudden return of winter in the Sihlwald, above Horgen CH

May 2019. The SWCP crew at it again in West Cornwall

June 2019. "The boss", Steve, and I high up on Gazzirola in Swiss Scenic Trail 54k.

July 2019. Posing in front of the backdrop at Eiger Ultra Trail 51k

August 2019. Supporting the awesome Stuart Walker on his 51 hour double Bob Graham round.

September 2019. Nare Head - it's the SWCP again

Evolved to run. Born to run. Older, greyer, still running.

No comments: