Week's activity from Strava

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Where I run - no. 1 Around Lodge Hill


I thought a bit of more personal information on where I run was well overdue. So I took my camera along on my 5 miler today and here are some of the results.

I love to get out and run offroad at least once a week and this also gives my dog, Bertie, a good workout too!. He is a 10 year old Cocker Spaniel and is still plenty fit enough to run up to 12 miles as my "trailblazer". He's now completely deaf so occasionally he gets to go off at tangents and only discovers his wrong turnings when he eventually decides to check that I'm behind him!

One of my favourite offroad running areas is up in the Chiltern Hills, about 6 miles from home, above the small village of Bledlow. This area of criss-crossing footpaths and bridleways is undulating and the Ridgeway path runs right through it. The land is very chalky so is relatively firm underfoot in all but the wettest weather. Parts are quite exposed and even on a hot day there is normally a pleasant breeze to keep you cool. Some of the views are stunning, particularly across Princes Risborough to Whiteleaf Cross and to the north over the Vale of Aylesbury. And there are safe places to park the car and leave a cold drink before the short drive home!

1 comment:

rungreg said...

Good evening,

I am a french runner and it's the first time that I come on your blog. I read that you want to run Boston Marathon in 2008. You are right, it's a great event that I ran last year. It's like Tour de France !

rungreg

http://rungreg.over-blog.com/