Week's activity from Strava

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Phedippidations RC, this blog and my "noble cause".

I think I've joined a running club......
How did that happen exactly?
What are the club colours? Where are the grainy photos with the guys in the long shorts, with the brown leather spikes on the cinder track? Do we have club records? Which cross country league do we compete in? When is "club night"? Do we have our own race?

....Yes, I know we do have our own race....it's on my birthday!

Once again I went for a 7 miler with my mp3 player carrying the latest of Steve Runner's wonderful podcasts (number 46 I think). I was just turning back into the village into the wind when Steve started to talk to me - yes directly to me. For some weeks now he has run alongside me occasionally and so have the guys who have called him up, but I thought I was hidde
n in the pack and hadn't been noticed.

Thanks, Steve, for mentioning this blog and my desire to run in Lausanne on October 22. But thanks most of all for publicising my "noble cause" and taking the trouble to look up the Uganda Village Project on the web via the links.

Fellow Phedip RC members who have a look at the blog via the link on Steve's site may wonder where the fund raising page is. Well, I decided that I wouldn't get the begging bowl / sponsorship form out until there were about 12 weeks to go to my marathon. The main reason is that we are pushing the fund-raising face to face through the day job and when we switch into "sponsor coffeeman-running mode" we want to do it on all fronts.

However if anyone is desperate to learn more and help "Get Ugandan Orphans through School" right now, just click on this hypertext link to our donation site at hvcoffee.com. More details can also be found on the hvcoffee blog.

Oh and I've figured out when club runs are - they are whenever you have Phedippidations in your headphones and your running shoes on!

No comments: